PDA

View Full Version : Hellppp please soo worried!

nervousbutterflies
01-24-2012, 10:31 PM
I have been taking the nuvaring for birth control for a couple years. I decided to stop using it to try and get rid of all of the bad side effects i get. I read online that the nuva ring could cause anxiety and depression and am wondering if this could have exacerbated my anxiety! I am very scared that i am going to have withdrawl symptoms.. Has anyone heard of that? or has anyone on this forum been on birth control then stopped?

I am kinda freaking out! my back really really hurts and my chest kind of hurts! i am scared i am withdrawling or something!

PLEASE HELP QUICKLY! I CANNOT SLEEP OR STUDY BECAUSE I AM WORRIED :(

Suzzy
01-25-2012, 07:03 AM
Please dont worry... Im quite sure you wont suffer any side effects/withdrawal symptoms from stopping using the nuvaring! I know a few people who have come off it and have had no symptoms at all. Ive come off the contraceptive pill after being on it for nearly 10 years and have not had side effects or withdrawal!
Ive never tried nuvaring but i can tell you are worried and didnt want you to sit there worrying alone, so just wanted to give you some reassurance.....
you will be absolutely fine! :-)

Sunny Days
01-25-2012, 11:30 AM
I have been taking the nuvaring for birth control for a couple years. I decided to stop using it to try and get rid of all of the bad side effects i get. I read online that the nuva ring could cause anxiety and depression and am wondering if this could have exacerbated my anxiety! I am very scared that i am going to have withdrawl symptoms.. Has anyone heard of that? or has anyone on this forum been on birth control then stopped?

I am kinda freaking out! my back really really hurts and my chest kind of hurts! i am scared i am withdrawling or something!

PLEASE HELP QUICKLY! I CANNOT SLEEP OR STUDY BECAUSE I AM WORRIED :(

Nah I'm sure you'll be fine. I was on birth control pills for about 10 years (too long!) and I actually think they contributed to my panic attacks. I think synthetic hormones are so unhealthy and I honestly felt better physically after getting off them. You may see a decrease in your anxiety too.

Also, like you I was nervous when I stopped them about side effects. I worried myself so bad the whole first night I didn't take it that I tossed and turned and was near-panicking. I didn't get any side effects other then my skin started breaking out a little more but I changed my face washing routine to a more aggressive cleanser and I'm fine now. :)