PDA

View Full Version : I think I may have mild depression?

Dudeman
01-23-2012, 04:29 AM
I have been suffering with anxiety disorder for around 9 months now and I have got over my major fear but I still feel anxious but most of all not happy. I am lazy but I have been lazy all my life haha I find it hard to be happy I just feel blah and i think i may have mild depression I have been bullied a little bit but that was a few years ago and yeah if anyone has suggestions I will be highly thankful

alankay
01-23-2012, 04:54 PM
If it bothers you but you don't feel it's very serious, Id' make an appt. with a counselor and talk it over. I bet it would help. You may have a touch of Dysthymia.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dysthymia
Alankay.

Beachgirl
02-03-2012, 03:51 PM
Good advice from Alan. But if you can't afford to see a counselor read the CBT based book by Sam Obitz (www.tao3.com) and start doing the exercises in it and I think that will help you feel a lot better as well as teach you valuable coping skills for the rest of your life :)

shanrocks8
02-14-2012, 01:29 PM
anything that has to do with depression is something you should take very serious. it sounds that may be the case and i know that schools offer counseling and i would definitely inquire and there is nothing wrong in doing so. talk to your mom or friends who you( know) will be sensitive and understanding and will be able to help. we all go through depression episodes that is normal, however, when that occurs don't brush it away even if you don't think it severe, you can even go to the school nurse where he or she will direct you the proper help as well. possible things you may want to consider is joining a club or do teen volunteer. do as many things you enjoy. I understand things right now are rough, but know that there are people who are concern and care. BUT do take care of it. take care from someone who cares ;-)

caera
02-22-2012, 05:46 AM
Depression takes place when you are not able to tell your feelings to anyone. For a relaxed and stress free life try to come up with the things. There is a saying that “more you know about the problem, the better you will be able to fight it”. When you know the problem you solve that half.

caera
02-22-2012, 05:47 AM
Depression takes place when you are not able to tell your feelings to anyone. For a relaxed and stress free life try to come up with the things. There is a saying that “more you know about the problem, the better you will be able to fight it”. When you know the problem you solve that half.

MainerMikeBrown
02-29-2012, 04:29 PM
Over the years, their have been a lot of people who've felt mildly depressed and didn't realize it until they got better. They thought they were merely experiencing the blues.

Keith
02-29-2012, 07:32 PM
I understand that you said that you are lazy but to get over your depression, you are either going to either need to have a good streak of luck, or set some kind of a new important goal in your life and occupy yourself and mind while achieving that goal. The mind is very demanding and the depression could be coming from the lack of having new challenges in your life.

MainerMikeBrown
03-04-2012, 01:16 PM
Getting help can make you feel uncomfortable. But if you need to see a shrink, not getting the help you need by not seeking help is more scary.

lorettajeni
03-22-2012, 03:57 AM
well do one thing to cure the depression, try to concentrate on your fav activities , hang out etc...i do by this way...

AnxiouxJoyce
03-23-2012, 08:56 PM
Hi Dudeman,

I am in the same boat as you so I totally understand what you are going through. I have been diagnosed with GAD over 10 years ago but mild depression (dysthymia) about 3 years ago. You need to address this. Do you have a family doctor that can refer you to a psychologist or psychiatrist? I had no clue I had dysthimia. I tought it was the anxiety that made me feel blah most of the time. when I was diagnosed with it I was kind of relieved cause it explained a lot of my behaviour. I tought I just had become lazy. I was very active prior to my first episode. We are not lazy. It is the depression and dyshthymia is not to be taken lightly because it is mild. Not treated it can turn into full blown depression. It happened to me. I explained what happened in the welcoming thread. Lost my mom and job of 9 years within a month. Went downhill. Still not out of the woods yet. I,m trying.

And no offense to people that talks about having a goal,etc... but when you are depressed you do not even have the evergy or clear tought to have goals. Me, I do little things. I need at least 2 days in advance if I am going to do something to prepare myself to it. But that is me.

Hope you will seek help. Dysthymia is treatable.

Joyce

longliveswift
04-10-2012, 03:24 PM
oh my gosh i feel exactly the same! (i wud usually high 5 people in this situation but this isnt really the type of place to do that...)

this may not make you feel better, but im just letting you know that you're not alone :)

-longliveswift xxx

Dudeman
04-13-2012, 05:30 AM
Thanks everyone :) i wish the best for everyone bless you all