PDA

View Full Version : Meetings

LorraineRoach
12-10-2006, 12:13 AM
I have been very busy the last few days as I am sure a lot of you are. Christmas is coming and all that is expected of us personally and financially can add to the stress we already carry with us daily in some cases.

I hope everyone takes some time each day to do something totally not related to or causes us to have stress.

I found that doing something that improves me mentally ,spiritually or physically over a period of weeks can really make a noticable difference in my outlook and feeling of well being..

I joined a choir and am going to Cardiac Rehab as I had a heart attack in August of this year.

I do not dwell on that heart attack and now I do what I do to be sensible and recover but I do not let it be the definition of who I am now.

I refuse to give the attack that much power over me.

I actually do more and feel more confident since the heart attack as I have had to work at self improvement more now than when I took everything for granted.

I can get pretty chatty at times when I get going so bare with me.

Thanks for listening.... Lorraine Roach

MrsSandraD
12-10-2006, 05:01 AM
Thank you for reminding us to take that self care time. It IS the time of year where we get caught up in the hustle and bustle of the season and we neglect our inner connectedness.

I look forward to you sharing additional tips/stories/reminders.

I don't know about anyone else but I certainly need it.

Thanks again!
Sandy