PDA

View Full Version : Ever Feel Like You're not..there?

Clueless
01-17-2012, 04:13 PM
Okay so I had a conversation with my therapist on this matter. Quite a hard feeling to describe, it's like I go about doing my daily routines but some days I'll kind of black out from it all. I know what's going on around me, but I view it from a whole other perspective as if it's a dream of some sort, a horrible dream though. People are talking to me, but I don't see much point in answering, I rarely talk when I feel this. It happens a lot when I travel, when I'm put in a small area and everyone around me is talking, laughing I black them all out and stare out the window.

It's at this moment that I'm thinking most, but what I'm thinking is never pleasant. I like blacking out what's around me sometimes and just telling myself things instead, but they're always negative it's why I never reply when they speak because I don't see much point, as if they don't matter. My therapist says this is depersonalization and I'd like to know more on the matter, I don't think I have it, I'm probably just daydreaming but for far too long.

alankay
01-17-2012, 04:21 PM
I bet she's/he's right. I have not had that exact feeling but many on this forum have. Alankay.