PDA

View Full Version : What's wrong with me??

krista1982
12-08-2006, 10:22 PM
Hi there....
I guess that i why i am new here. I have read some posts on here and it seems most people have been dealing with anxiety for several years. I think this just happened to me now...

To sum it all up: I am a 24 year old female..i have a wedding in 5 months, my brother died in 2003, my father has 2 -5 years to live, my parents just got divorced, I have a super demanding job and my fiance and I have been separted for 7 months now due to immigration (he finally gets to come back in January)...etc etc. oh..and i have exams in my part-time university classes

Lately, i have been getting very nausous and i have had abdominal pain the last two days and i just want to sleep. I went to the doctor and he suggested i seek help and gave me Effexor. I found out that i have been having panic attacks lately and i knew i had depression but this is the first time i have ever felt so afraid, dizzy and had adominal pain that doesnt want to go away!!! If this doesnt leave me soon, i dont know some of you have dealt with this for years...its been about a week at this worst point now and i am going nuts!!!! I am doing things without reason...like just not caring about my assignments from university and avoiding all fun get-togethers... and the worst is the panic attacks in the drive thru.....

Can anyone help me?

MrsSandraD
12-09-2006, 05:44 AM
Can anyone say stress? Sounds like you have had your fair share.

Right now you have taken a good step by posting here. Sharing your fears, feelings and concerns with us can be very therapeutic.

Continue to get it out by posting, asking questions and reading about other peoples' experiences. It really does help.

[HUGS!] You are not alone in this.

krista1982
12-15-2006, 11:12 PM
thank you.

I also posted this after in general discussion. I just sent an update in that one.

thanks again..

it means so much.

NicoleR
12-18-2006, 11:02 AM
Can anyone say stress? Sounds like you have had your fair share.

Right now you have taken a good step by posting here. Sharing your fears, feelings and concerns with us can be very therapeutic.

Continue to get it out by posting, asking questions and reading about other peoples' experiences. It really does help.

[HUGS!] You are not alone in this.

I completely agree. That's a lot of stress to deal with, keep sharing with us, we can relate in many ways.