PDA

View Full Version : how to overpower this driving anxiety?

transam1170
01-13-2012, 07:00 PM
Hi guys still having problems with my driving a bit, I'm doing pretty good driving with someone, this is what usually happens, before I leave I get anxious to drive , even tho im with someone then when I start driving im ok then it comes on for a bit then wears off which is a good thing , once I get to my destination I'm pretty good, then when i leave I'm even better I noticted, the only thing that bothers me is driving alone, thats when it gets to me, should I drive shorter distances I noticted last year I was driving alone a bit and it wasn't bothering me then it started coming back a bit, any ideas? Much appreciated thank you

alankay
01-13-2012, 07:35 PM
Trans, do not restrict your driving in anyway. Anxiety, the bully it is, will just start to work on whatever new scope of driving you happen to define/find as comfortable. Keep driving as much as you can. Anticipatory anxiety will always come and visit but you must ignore and follow through and drive. Alankay.

transam1170
01-13-2012, 07:54 PM
Thanks alankay , its justs not good when it comes on a bit

alankay
01-13-2012, 08:18 PM
Trans, Oh I understand.. Its nasty indeed. Just try to keep driving wherever....even without a safe person. I know, it's hard. Keep at it and reach out for help and folks who understand when you need to. Alankay

knp
04-05-2012, 01:40 PM
Try natural supplement for anxiety
L theanine
Inositol
B complex
Rescue remedy
Ashwagandha

I personally take this it really helps

Be brave

transam1170
04-17-2012, 02:26 PM
Is the natural supplements good? Like are they harmful? And which would u recommend? And can they be addictive?

transam1170
04-19-2012, 05:21 AM
Nothing really just want something to calm me down when driving , mostly now it bothers me a bit when driving with someone and still bothers me when driving alone, I'm ok driving with someone cause i know someone is with me, u know what I mean?

Tobias Johnson
04-19-2012, 12:31 PM
Yes, the idea of someone driving with you and being ok is a since of security. You might not acknowledge it, but your mind knows that should you need, you can rely on that person to take over should you need, or get help, or any other thing your mind feels it needs to be secure. I do the same things. I usually feel better is someone is with me I trust. This of course can potentially be harmful too. It builds in you a false sense of accomplishment. For me, I would wonder why I could do ABC with someone but not alone. So I would be really hard on myself because I could do things with my wife and feel fine but as soon as I tried to do the same thing alone, I failed. Don't fall into this cycle.