PDA

View Full Version : Panic attacks -- I need your input

hestes
01-13-2012, 04:01 PM
Hey everyone. I know I'm fairly new here, but I wanted to see if you guys would mind providing some feedback. I have recently written and published a (really) short book on my experience with panic attacks and the things that have worked for me to reduce, manage and deal with them. That said, I would like to add more information to it that would be helpful for other people that suffer from them. I know there are people here that have had to deal with them for much longer than I have.

What are you biggest frustrations and fears when dealing with the panic attacks? Is there something that you feel like you need or want but haven't been able to find (other than a 100% guaranteed cure)?

I want my book to be helpful, not just another book of fluff. Feel free to comment here or private message me. (I tried to add my email address, but I don't have enough posts yet...)

Thanks in advance for any info you care to share!!

hestes
01-14-2012, 12:08 PM
Thanks for the reply. You are right, there books out there that are not "fluff", perhaps fluff was not the right word. I can't post links yet, but the book can be found on my site project-lean . com. It's really short, but I want to add more to it and that is why I wanted to hear more from the community here. I want to be sure what I add is meaningful to others, not just what I think is meaningful.

jon mike
01-14-2012, 12:52 PM
Is it just panic attacks your writing about or general anxiety as well? I don't think there is a lot of information about derealisation/depersonalisation available for people? I'm sure that the experiences I had with that has got to be something to write about!!!! I think whoever has experienced the overwhelming hell of it all would possibly agree with me? Good luck with the book! :-) jon

hestes
01-14-2012, 02:00 PM
Currently, the book is just about panic attacks. That is what my experience is with. I will do some research derealisation/depersonalization. Thanks for the tip!