PDA

View Full Version : Not to sure what is next

tashababy
12-08-2006, 11:39 AM
hi everyone, I am new here. I am so tired of this constant battle with myself. I have pushed myself time and time again and yet I always find myself hiding. I am agoraphobic, I have pushed all my friends away, except my boyfriend, i have destroyed everything because I am scared. It is getting to the point where I am completley home bound, I very rarely leave my house and if I do, it takes all of my energy from me and I am left with Fatigue, this is just really hard, I am looking for somepeople that are where I am and are getting better or people who were once where I was and have overcome this. I just feel like it is who I will be forever, like this is the new me, and I just dont want this to be true. Please any suggestions would be great. :)

shsnj
12-11-2006, 08:29 PM
Are you getting any help for this? Therapy, self-help?

One thing I've noticed about anxiety is that we keep projecting it into our future, always seeing it as long-range and permanently debilitating. But instead of adopting this unhelpful perspective, we're better off dividing our lives into separate 24-hour chunks. This day is my focus, not 20 years from now. Someone once wrote, "Everyone can carry a pack until bedtime."

This probably sounds like a platitude, but the great thing about life is that there are an infinite number of possible "new me" versions that you can become. The "new me" that you are now -- the anxious one -- isn't set in stone. Why should it be?

wordmistress
12-12-2006, 01:10 AM
I'm right there with you sweetie! I feel your pain. If you ever need to talk, I'd be more than happy to listen.

jitters
01-05-2007, 07:26 AM
shsnj is right take it one day at a time and seek help. There are plenty of people here happy to provide help support and/or info.

Duncan

TheBlueDanube
01-05-2007, 09:13 AM
I have the same problems but I recently started Zoloft. If it works I'll let you now. ;) If you need to chat I am also homebound as I leave the house once a week to buy food with my husband. I push my friends away (even family) as they also cause me anxiety.