PDA

View Full Version : drawback symptoms

Skizo
01-10-2012, 08:55 AM
how long are these gonna bother me?

I stopped taking AD's 2 weeks ago but I have some drawback effects

alankay
01-10-2012, 09:40 AM
Really it could be anxiety returning(or not depending on the symptoms) and not some much withdrawal. How long did you take what med and how much(dose)? If it's withdrawal that lasts a few weeks as your neurons "rebalance" themselves. More or less depending on the patient and med details. Alankay.

Skizo
01-10-2012, 12:49 PM
I took it for 4 months one pill a day, in december i took half a pill and last 2 weeks ive quit.

but I think I have withdrawal symptoms OR anxiety coming back im not sure but I get some certified anxiety symtoms which I had before also like lump in throat and light headedness.

jessed03
01-10-2012, 02:43 PM
I read it's upto 6 weeks Skizo. After a month it should have eased up by around 80%. It's a case of gritting your teeth and getting through a couple of rough weeks. I read anxiety doesn't usually come back immedietly, so I wouldn't worry so much about that, it usually happens after a few months off of the AD. Pretty much all you feel now is AD withdrawals.

Skizo
01-10-2012, 09:58 PM
what is AD withdrawals?

Skizo
01-11-2012, 03:13 AM
also smoking doesnt affect the rebalancing does it?

alankay
01-11-2012, 08:02 AM
Smoking cigarettes works on the nicotine(nicotinic) receptors. Not serotonin, GABA, dopamine or noradrenaline(anxiety related).
http://science.howstuffworks.com/nicotine4.htm
But since the blood levels of nicotine in a smoker are always "in flux" and you feel that, so you might think it's related to anxiety and get a little anxious perhaps.
Quitting smoking can increase anxiety. If it were me, I'd do one change at a time. Unless you want to bite the bullet and get it over with and quit all. I would have quit smoking first and stayed on the AD. Then tapered off that after the hard part stopping smoking. But now you might as well keep smoking until you feel the effects of stopping the AD are over. If you had a low/medium dose for a while, the withdrawal shouldn't be too bad. Even paxil at a low dose(20mg) isn't usually too bad at all. In
general the higher the dose for a longer period usually predicts the withdrawal issues which can be avoided/minimized by a slow taper off. Alankay.