PDA

View Full Version : Not sure if anxiety or something else

anxietyanon
01-08-2012, 04:45 AM
Hello, I'm a 16 year old male. Ever since I was 13 or so, I've been experiencing these short periods of less than a minute where I cannot think and just feel like crying, shouting and sometimes punching things or just throwing things. It is usually about life, death, my friends and families and the concept of an afterlife that lead me to have said attacks. I really want them to stop as they really affect me greatly whenever I have them and if anyone could help me identify my 'illness' and provide any remedies, I'd be very grateful.
Thank you.
My attacks mostly happen while I"m taking a shower or about to sleep if it helps.

alankay
01-08-2012, 01:53 PM
Howde, sure can be anxiety. The death and the concept of afterlife can be from being anxious/fearful/dread. But I've note exactly heard phrases that nail it down for me as anxiety. Any other symptoms? What else do you feel/think up to and during these episodes?? I will say anxiety does can come in time-limited waves or attacks then fade. PM me any time. Alankay.

anxietyanon
01-08-2012, 10:03 PM
When I have an anxiety attack, I just feel alone and that life is pointless and one thing that really triggers my attacks is that I think about consciousness and imagine if heaven was real and that consciousness would last forever and I always break down in tears thinking about life itself AND I JSUT FCANT CONTROL MYSELF IM HAVING AN ANXIETY ATTACK OH GOd.

alankay
01-09-2012, 12:50 AM
Yep. That kinda nails it down. Anxiety. Time to see the family doc and tell him/her all you going through. Alankay.