PDA

View Full Version : Panick attacks when I am sleeping..

cinnabum
01-08-2012, 12:12 AM
Hello ya'll!!

I am a 30 year old female going through a big transition in my life. I recently got the opportunity to work abroad and I moved to a new continent 2 months ago. The transition has been hard, I broke up with my long term boyfriend and I don't really like the place where I am living very much. However, most nights I wake up because I feel like my heart is going to explode, I feel like I am about to have a heart attack. I wake up for a bit and then I go back to sleep. I feel exhausted and horrible the next day. What can I do about this? I need help. Thanks!!

stevie
01-08-2012, 03:06 AM
this sounds like you're having panic attacks- which, due to your story make sense- you've just gone through two huge transitions. there are some create calming techniques that were posted (i forget where on this forum). when this would happen to me, i would use dr. bach's rescue remedy- an herbal rememdy that you can get at most drug stores. chamomile tea is also good. and lay off the caffeine.

good luck!

alankay
01-08-2012, 01:45 PM
Yep, Cinn you sound anxious to me and with all those changes can see why one might be.
I agree with Stevie on trying calming techniques posted around here and if you you still have this continue, see the best family doc(GP) you can where you are. Tell him all you have told us as they need the best full description of that's up in your life to help the most.
Also try writing out on paper allll the things that are stressing/troubling you. It might help to bring to light something you didn't think of and working on the issue will help.
A little aerobic exercise goes a long way to calm us down too. PM me any time. Alankay