PDA

View Full Version : musce twitches

scaredycat75
01-03-2012, 09:56 AM
Hello everyone,
I am glad to say I finally got rid of the brain fog and with that my anxiety has eased even more I even started working again! But I am having horrible leg tremors or twitches at night . I am wondering if anxiety can cause this or if anyone else has experienced this? I really hope someone anyone will reply as this problem is freaking me out and the ideal of googling symptoms is in the back of my mind.

alankay
01-03-2012, 10:31 AM
Yeah the adrenaline will do that. Even a temp side effect of an ssri if on one perhaps. Yep, can be a big body symptom of anxiety. Alankay

somedude
01-03-2012, 12:59 PM
I get this all the damn time. Random muscles will twitch for a few minutes then everything is cool. I get it real bad right before bed though.

Schatmeisje
01-03-2012, 02:07 PM
me too! i thought i was the only one ! i only get it at night as well when i am getting ready for sleep, such a strage feeling, i mainly get it in my legs but sometimes in my shoulder as well.

jessed03
01-03-2012, 02:21 PM
I get this all the damn time. Random muscles will twitch for a few minutes then everything is cool. I get it real bad right before bed though.

Yeah, it's really natural with regards to anxiety. I got it like SomeDude. It felt like some one was lifting my muscles with a piece of string. Sort of like having a puppetmaster lol. It was terrible at night. By doing some Progressive Muscle relaxation it eased mine a great deal. After a month or two of it, I stopped getting it.

On a side note, ScaredyCat, I'm really happy you got rid of the brain fog. That made my life a misery for a long time. A lot of diet, breathing, sleep changes managed to get rid of it. I'm wondering how you did, as I see a lot of people still struggling with this one.

scaredycat75
01-04-2012, 07:26 AM
I have anxiety due to a vitamin deficency so I took omega 3 and vitamin d a multi vitamin and magnesium daily and I prayed constantly.....I attempted to take st johns wort with no result and 5htp it jus seemed t make me more anxious.....but I can can tell anyone with a vitamin deficiency hang in there its a very slow process but it gets better.

ThePhoenix
01-05-2012, 12:33 AM
Twitches are so common with anxiety its not even funny, I get them all the time. Sometimes for minutes, sometimes for days, sometimes for weeks. Not non stop but frequently enough to be annoying! Part of it is the adrenaline, part of it can also be a vitamin deficiency. I try taking calcium/magnesium which helps!

jessed03
01-05-2012, 10:27 AM
Part of it is the adrenaline, part of it can also be a vitamin deficiency. I try taking calcium/magnesium which helps!

I actually found this too, I found taking in extra calcium helped. But then, I was pretty deficient.