PDA

View Full Version : TREMBLING AND SHAKING! ALL NIGHT LONG.

Modularman
12-07-2006, 12:15 PM
I woke up during the night with shaking inside my abdomen and thighs. It would not go away until I got up and watched tv. Went to bed and it did it again. and again. I had it all day today on and off. I did not get much sleep. I have been worried a lot lately about work, home and my blood pressure. Could this be a result of anxiety? I have this for brief moments in the past but never this long of a time. It wont seem to go away. I would welcome your comments.

mercy
12-08-2006, 01:52 AM
Welcome to the board!

Definately can be all anxiety your feeling but you should see your doc just to make sure. What are you usually thinking about during these "shakes". Do they happen when your mind is occupied or mostly when your in bed and focused on whats happening to you?

Do you take any meds at all that might cause this?

thoughtfairy
12-08-2006, 05:31 PM
I woke up during the night with shaking inside my abdomen and thighs. It would not go away until I got up and watched tv. Went to bed and it did it again. and again. I had it all day today on and off. I did not get much sleep. I have been worried a lot lately about work, home and my blood pressure. Could this be a result of anxiety? I have this for brief moments in the past but never this long of a time. It wont seem to go away. I would welcome your comments.

I have something similar to this. When I drift off to sleep, I often have a weird buzzing sensation in my chest - like it's vibrating. It feels awful and I have to wake myself up to stop it. i have no idea what this is, or if it's similar to what you're describing. I have never heard anyone mention it before. So would be interested to hear if anyone else has it, and if it is related to anxiety.

bluewillow
04-02-2007, 12:31 PM
I have something similar to this. When I drift off to sleep, I often have a weird buzzing sensation in my chest - like it's vibrating. It feels awful and I have to wake myself up to stop it. i have no idea what this is, or if it's similar to what you're describing. I have never heard anyone mention it before. So would be interested to hear if anyone else has it, and if it is related to anxiety.[/quote]

Hey there,
I just saw your post when I was searching for someone with the chest buzzing/vibrating thing! I have this almost every night, when I lay down, and it affects me in my chest, back, both arms, and sometimes stomach. I also get it during the day occasionally. The feeling is as if I am leaning up against a washing machine in the spin cycle, or a loud truck outside vibrating the windows, etc. Is that what you are feeling? I am age 50, in menopause, and have been told it is a symptom of menopause-- not sure if that would apply to you. But, at least you know you are NOT alone!!! It is SO annoying!! I hope you are feeling better!