PDA

View Full Version : My anxiety

katie2012
01-01-2012, 11:43 AM
As I have learnt, anxiety is very overwhelming and can take over my life.
I am still currently suffering with it but I know that I was conquer this battle.
It's a phase that everyone goes through in life, no matter how long it is.
It's a lesson that makes the sufferer so much stronger than other people because they know how to control themselves and have been through hard situations already.
I'm 15, still at school and in the last year. I want to do well in life and this is the only thing that's getting in the way of things. I am a hypochondriac, i understand that i am but i can't understand how to just not give a fuck anymore. Things that trigger it are things such like, an ache or a pain and I over think about the problem and then it escalates. I have had these anxious moments lately, but it's not been a full blown panic attack, it's been anxious and tense for a week and more and then suddenly realising there was nothing bad, wrong with me. It's the worst feeling ever, when i get anxious i get upset easily, feel weak and useless. I can't feel like i can talk to my friends about it because they dont know what it feels like. At the moment my neck feels tight and i feel tired from crying, and weak and spaced out. But i'm only starting to realise that my neck is tight because of my muscles in my neck flaring because i'm anxious on the other hand, i think uh! it could be something else, something cancerous and my airways will close up and i will die. It sounds pathetic, but it feels horrible.
I am starting to think of my anxiety in a personified aspect, almost talk to it and think fuck you i'm going to fight or flight. Get up and do something. When i feel anxious i am constantly tired and weak because i'm using my energy to maintain my heartbeat. My dad says 'your body inside is going a marathon' but i'm not doing anything but my hearts fast and my minds going crazy. I joined this website to possibly overcome it and help it and for people to relate to my story. I have a good life and i should be lucky for what i have, I am naturally underweight because of genetic inheritance and a fast metabolism. I also go to a centre to talk about it. But i know that only me can help it. And to everybody out there who feels anxious or frequently does, i want to let you know that you are a star! you can do anything if you believe in yourself and we will get through this, much love, katie x