PDA

View Full Version : I know its silly and i can't help it, but i can't stop myself?

Persephone
12-29-2011, 01:22 PM
Over the past while or so some feelings of self hatred and loneliness have been creeping there way back into my mind. I constantly worry about all the stupid mistakes I have made in my life, no matter how many times i tell myself that everyone makes mistakes and I shouldn't be worrying like this (I am only 16 for goodness sake) the only seem to get stronger and stronger, and I just feel disgusted every time I look in the mirror and all I can think is that all I want to acheive in life, everything I want I will never get, because I never get anything I want, and when you do get something it is always a disapointment. I just feel like there is no purpose, I am my own worst enemy and that I am going to be alone forever. You don't need to tell me that worrying about never being loved at the age of 16 is naive and silly because I tell myself that every day, but I can't shake it. The more I tell myself the more the feelings grow because all I do now is think about how alone I feel. Anyone have any advice on how to take my mind of it?

alankay
12-29-2011, 02:32 PM
Well it seems your "reading your own bad press" so to speak. The negative thoughts feeds on themselves. If it's bothering you as much as it seems to be, why don't you talk to one of your parents about seeing a counselor for some CBT therapy. Honestly sometimes we get caught in a cycle of seeing only the negative about ourselves(never the positive unfortunately) and it can be a self fulfilling prophesy. If not your parents can your H.S. guidance staff refer you to someone to talk to? Looking back everything in HS seems so magnified in their importance because that age is one of rapid changes in most all aspects of your life and can get to you. I bet you are just seeing the glass half empty(a big over simplification) instead of seeing it half full. You're so young that you might not realize that this time of life flies by fast and is just the beginning of the most exiting part of your life(young adulthood). Truly sooooooo much to see, do and learn and people to meet that if you can get past this hard part, you'll move to that exciting phase and start to do and see allll the things you dreamed of and you'll feel great. You'll be too busy to have time for feeling bad about yourself. You'll be fine. Think about a CBT or other therapist if you feeling this low to help get you started down a healthier, happier you! Message me any time. Alankay

Persephone
12-29-2011, 02:39 PM
Thanks for the advice, I'll consider it. And I may hold you to that haha, sometimes you just need to talk to someone you know? Thanks again for listening :)
Mary x

alankay
12-29-2011, 03:19 PM
Yep. People need to talk through their issues/troubles. We all have them in some shape or form. Some people are better at not dwelling on things so much and just carry on and eventually things better and brighter. I have learned truly in life things do have a tendency to work out if we just put forth some effort and be patient. Work through things, don't let them get the best of you. Your troubles don't define you, they are just things you have to cope with and by doing so often learn valuable lessons. With those lessons down the road you often are able to help other people. A gift of itself. Chin up. Alan.