PDA

View Full Version : anxiety causes depression ?

jason787
12-25-2011, 04:10 PM
Can anxiety cause depression? I've been really depressed
Lately I mean I just want to cry its really bad and I don't know what to do! My anxiety has gotten a lot worse so I wonder if this had anything to do with it?

jason787
12-25-2011, 04:16 PM
I'm a 17 year old teenager I have no one to talk to I'm so scared is unbeliavable my life is a living hell my anxiety is so bad I'm so scared I've never let anxiety bother me but now it's just all too much and I don't know what to do I have a perfect family and friends but I don't want to tell them how I feel and I don't want to see any doctors

Corsan
12-25-2011, 05:35 PM
I'm 21 - and mine started at 20 and I don't think mine was ever as extreme per say as yours - but the principal of working over it should be the same.. and this is why i'm talking to this forum through my bad patch! Check you're PM's man, we could be good to chat with someone similar to my age regarding this.

Also - tell you're friends - because I have - and trust me; you feel ALOT happier and ALOT better - or at least i did (it caused my anxiety disappear for at least 2 months!)
i wouldn't go to the Doctors until you see a Councillor - that's my advice. Often I find that until you talk to someone and they give you positive reassurance - they literally can make you feel on top of the world for weeks.

i wouldn't recommend medication - I have never been on medication, ever.

jason787
12-25-2011, 06:08 PM
I keep thinking I'm loosing my mind because I get random thoughts And sayings in my head and the more I concentrate and think about it the worst it gets! Just makes me totally depressed like im sat there and i hear a random thought or saying and freaks me out and sure I'll pm my msn and Skype

alankay
12-25-2011, 08:15 PM
Jason, yeah it can lead to depression but typically only after it gets so bad a person losses hope and cannot cope. His life is so effected he just doesn't see a way out and one can get depressed. BUT after one gets some treatment and starts feeling better you get better with respect to your mood. The feelings you describing are ultimately from anxiety. There is help out there. I think there is a time and place for medication(I've been on meds for anxiety and they helped). But that's between you and your doc. Sometimes meds are just used short term to get the patient some relief from severe anxiety and moving into therapy. Each patient will use counseling, self help books, group therapy, etc, and/or meds depending on their case. That really is for your doc to decide as well as yourself. I didn't go to med school(but have learned allot about anxiety since being diagnosed in 1981) and my recommendation is to listen to your doc and work with him by telling everything. It will help them guide treatment best. Alan

Marlow
12-25-2011, 08:16 PM
Jason, I know what you mean. Im 21 years old and had a bad stint this summer. Its important to work on your problems once you notice them. I waited longer than I should have and let it consume me for a summer. I am now on zoloft to help with my anxiety but in my winter break have been having some anxieties again. Would never have survived without this forum. Somtimes all you need is some pple to talk tooo.

Marlow

Mike_lfc_92
12-25-2011, 09:27 PM
If you need someone to talk to man send me your msn, i'm 19 and i will have had anxiety for 2 years in august.

jason787
12-26-2011, 03:49 PM
Is there not some stuff I can take to relax me like I heard about tea or something that relaxes you ?

alankay
12-26-2011, 03:56 PM
Yeah, try "Sleepy Time" chamomile teas(at the grocery store), Valerian Root, Kava Kava, Skull Cap(GNC, etc) or any anti-histamine(has some anti-anxiety effects) and can help. But aerobic exercise of any kind is my favorite.:)