PDA

View Full Version : Can It Really Be This BAD??

Razzle
12-24-2011, 08:00 AM
I have had anxiety for over 40 years and was housebound at age 19 for 2 years. I recovered and had decades of a good life. Now it is all back and worse than I have ever seen it. I also have several anxiety friends and they have never been as bad as I am.

I have severe agitation so I walk and pace many hours a day - I burn all over and shake or jitter. I am so sensitive my clothes hurt to touch my body - cant stand to watch TV - listen to music or go into a store as it sets my nerves off worse. I have severe nausea and stomach cramps so I can hardly eat. I cant stand noise of movement like my cat walking across the bed

I am afraid of everything - everything in my world is frightening - bad DR - I feel totally physically sick and can hardly do simple self care things most days. There is so much more.

My nights are worse hell - lucky to sleep 2 to 4 hours - I wake up burning - shaking and jittering and scared shitless - I see evil faces looming behind closed eyes - wicked thoughts all night - dozens of horrid physical symptoms and up to pee half dozen times.

I have so may more symptoms I cant even describe - I am in constant torture every single second.

I went the anxiety drug route many years ago and had horrible adverse reactions to every one of the 14 I tried or severe withdrawals from benzos so that is out.

I feel like no one has ever been this bad - am I alone in this severity?????

Thanks for responding I am really freaked

PanicCured
12-24-2011, 05:51 PM
I have definitely had most of this, but mine didn't last for years like yours. You want to talk on the phone? If you PM me your number I'll call you if you want.

alankay
12-25-2011, 08:39 AM
Ever had a trial of tizanidine or lyrica? Something needs to be done to get you out of this cycle of hell. It might sound obvious but has anything changed in your life to have prompted this at all? Divorce, death in the family,etc? Alan.

jessed03
12-27-2011, 10:19 AM
I have to agree with Alan. Take up Panic's generous offer to find out more of his knowledge, but for me during a state of severe anxiety and agitation as you described, only medication would have helped me. Hypnosis, meditation, diet, supps, breathing, cbt... none got close to addressing my problem. They were very useful once my anxiety was under control, to ensure I was equipped to live a better life. Holistic methods are useful for eliminating anxiety once it's under control, but offer very little help in my opinion, in preventing the anxiety cycle from repeating. Your body is in total shock, high alert, and free fall mode.

You're a clued in guy, I think if there was something that was a real issue, you'd pinpoint it. I think hoping otherwise is clutching at straws. I know it's never a popular answer, but there are hundreds of medication types, combinations and therapies. Because some haven't worked, doesn't mean all won't. I had some nightmares until one worked well. I want to see you better, and it will take something slightly stonger than normal, whether that be intense therapies or a course of meds...

alankay
12-27-2011, 01:42 PM
Also my pharmacist told me that at times progesterone can be used for anxiety and docs do know about that(has to do with it's active metabolites).
Meprobamate(Miltown) is an older drug still made I believe as well for cases where typical anti-anxiety drugs can't be used.
Risperidone has been mentioned on wikipedia as an off-label anxiety treatment.
Just thinking outside of the box since you mentioned issues with past meds. You need to get some relief and get this high anxiety under control.