PDA

View Full Version : Meditation & Relaxation

Razzle
12-23-2011, 08:05 AM
My anxiety is extreme so I have been doing 2 to 4 meditation and relaxation sessions a day for 3 weeks. After a few I felt better, most I felt nothing and one greatly increased my anxiety.

I have tied CBT and all the other ways to calm the nervous system and am scared this one is not working so far. Even though I had a brief time of relief after a few I am still in total anxiety nervous system hell 24/7. shouldn't I be feeling some relief by now.

Scared this is my last tool to try and it is not working - plus I am so agitated that sitting and slowing down is horribly painful

lindseybrown
12-23-2011, 03:04 PM
Have you tried pilates as a form of relaxation and to ease pain and discomfort? I do advanced pilates and find that not only does it help to take my mind of things but it also helps my body relax and eases discomfort. Sorry if it sounds a silly suggestion, you may have already tried it but it helps me.

jon mike
12-24-2011, 04:13 PM
Read your other post, you could try acceptance commitment therapy worked for a mate of mine who was in a world of shit x