PDA

View Full Version : Insomnia & Symptoms

Razzle
12-20-2011, 07:40 AM
I go to sleep fast but wake up in 3 to 4 hours and cant go back to sleep. I lay there with so many miserable body sensations and thoughts - like being poked with a sharp stick a thousand times.

Then around 5:00 am the symptoms start to build and I cant stay in bed. After I shower the agitation is so severe I am going crazy and want to run down the street screaming.

Anyone else ever felt this pattern

stevie
12-20-2011, 08:54 PM
Not that particular pattern, but I do experience insomnia (which is why I'm up at 5 something writing this to you) when I try to go to sleep during a panic cycle. I wish I had advice to give you on how to deal, but that is actually the reason I came onto the forum this time (to look for advice)...
good luck!

dthul1
12-20-2011, 10:39 PM
The Insomnia is just starting to effect me. Are you taking any meds?

stevie
12-21-2011, 01:02 AM
Nope. Sometimes I take a dramamine to help me fall asleep..

loveandfireworks
12-24-2011, 04:50 AM
Razzle,

I get that from time to time .....actually going through it again right now which is why I am on the forums right now at 6:45 am....been awake from a panic attack for over an hour now. The panic attack subsided after about 30 mins or so but I'm left feeling like I can't go back to sleep. I sometimes wake up several times throughout the night and as a result, was going to bed much later for a while to try to see if that helped me wake up less (of course it really didn't). I don't understand why my anxiety is so bad some nights that it wakes me up and keeps me up and sometimes I can sleep through the whole night and even sleep in late (yesterday I didn't wake up until early afternoon).