PDA

View Full Version : Suffered with severe anxiety and panic from 5th grade.

ged2md
12-19-2011, 09:23 PM
Hey everyone,

I'm new to the forum but I've been reading through for a while now. I just wanted to introduce myself and tell a bit about my story. I have had SEVERE anxiety and panic disorder (That occurred with no triggers) that got extremely bad in 7th grade and was the worst in 9th grade. Because of this, I had to drop out of school and was put on over 20 different SSRIs over the course of 4 years. I had seen psychologists, psychiatrists, neurologists, behavioral therapists, and everything in between. I essentially lost my life from that time period so I know how debilitating anxiety and panic disorder can be.

In what should have been my senior year of high school, I finally was put on a medication (lexapro) and my life got back together. I got my GED, attended community college, and am now attending a 4 year institution and hoping to become a doctor to help others. I even started a blog about this called ged2md...but even though that's important it's not what I want to emphasize here. I have a sister with severe anxiety, depression, paranoia, and more and have been exposed and helped a lot with similar conditions.

I want to say that despite what people say (I was discouraged a lot), anxiety is not a means to an end. You CAN get by and it's only a bump in the road. PLEASE, never give up on your goals and exhaust every resource you can in order to help yourselves!

Anyways, I'm glad to finally be in the community and I look forward to hearing from everyone and posting!!