PDA

View Full Version : Help

jason787
12-19-2011, 05:55 AM
Hey just wondering of this happens to anyone else!

Well when my anxiety has been really bad that day when I get into bed and try to fall asleep sometimes I hear a noise in my head what sounds really loud ( as if it was real ) and jolts me awake, this only happens when I'm falling asleep!

jessed03
12-19-2011, 05:59 AM
Happened to me all the time. I would even get electric shock spasms. Anxiety means the mind is on alert, and sometimes gives off false signals. I wouldn't worry about it in the slightest, the more you practice ignoring it, the more it will disappear.

I did some progressive muscle relaxation, then a few minutes of just quiet meditation before bed, sprayed some relaxing oil near my pillow, and I was far more relaxed going to sleep.

Dave55
12-20-2011, 02:37 AM
Happens to me as well at times.Stress really does overload the mind causing all kinds of sensations and sounds.Sudden loud noise in head while falling asleep is well documented in GAD.

jason787
12-21-2011, 06:04 PM
Really? Wow thanks guy I thought I was the only one, really started to worry me.

PanicCured
12-21-2011, 11:14 PM
Yeah I get this every so often. Can't remember when it happened to me last, but definitely experienced this. Feeling lie my head slams into window and then I awake. I hear this huge bang and I feel my head get slammed then I awake. I don't know how it stopped. I don't fully understand what it was.

I do not get anxiety or panic attacks anymore, but I have said I am 95% cured, not 100%. I still get weird sleep stuff. I sometimes wake up in my sleep and just yell, and then I say, "Why did I just yell?" I just wake up yelling a few times a month, and I don't know why. Sometimes I wake up from a very vivid dream and my heart beats hard and somewhat fast, maybe 80-90 bpm. Definitely palpitations, then within 20-45 seconds it calms done. It doesn't get to anxiety anymore, but I still have been unable to eradicate this completely. I am not sure why this happens, and I just assume it will eventually work itself out.