PDA

View Full Version : First Panic Attack In months! Terrified of amebic meningoencephalitis!!!!

ashcole
12-16-2011, 11:47 PM
So I just read about some people who got this from useing tap water to cleanse sinuses through devices like neti pot. About 3 to 4 months ago when i first got anxiety i was diagnosed with sinusitis and i used my steamer with a towel over my head for a whole week to cleanse my sinuses now Ive read about this im terrified i have it. I know once symptoms show up its a quick death but i cant find anything on how long it takes for symptoms to show up!does anyone know anything about this??? Please help! I know onw of the symptoms is light sensitivity Ive had that for awhile please someone im freaking out!

nervousbutterflies
12-17-2011, 01:02 AM
hey ashcole,
You are going to be fine!!! i used the neti pot with tap water plenty of times and nothing has happened to me!! the light sensitivity is your anxiety most likely because anxiety will make you think you have a billion things wrong with you. Take for instance i am terrified that my throat is going to close up in my sleep because i am babisitting a kitten! anxiety is a pain :( dont worry you will not die! You would know right away if there was something seriously wrong with you and you wouldnt be even asking the forum!

Hope you feel better :)

Weekday crazy
12-18-2011, 03:29 AM
Whoa!

No attacks in months?
That's great - be proud of it.
And be proud you know what the cause is.

Mine are hitting every week for no reason.
Good luck!

Weekday Crazy