PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone read this book?

Chiliphil1
12-16-2011, 07:14 PM
I used to train in martial arts years ago, and have been trying to get back into it, especially since I am having all the anxiety troubles, I figure that the mental and spiritual training may help. I am looking into some books that may help, the topic I am most interested in is chi gung, but I have not been able to obtain any books on it yet, but the book I am asking about is called the Spiritual Practices of the ninja: Mastering the 4 gates to freedom. The title sounds bad, but some reviews say it's great, while a couple reviews made me nervous because they said the book may make youbhave odd reactions and will cause you to face alot of fears, and I'm thinking with the anxiety that may not be good.

Does anyone have experience with this book? Or can anyone recommend good books into the Spiritual training of martial arts, or some ways to overcome anxiety naturally? I know alot of things like chi gung, kung fu, Tai Chi, and others can be great for developing a strong mind, but in truth I am afraid of some of it such as meditation. I try to sit quietly and concentrate on my breathing but that's about as far as I go, I know that with some of these mental exercises and meditations you can cause major problems for yourself, can anyone recommend anything to get started safely?