PDA

View Full Version : new meds/disgnosis

BYObass
12-03-2006, 08:23 AM
so apparently my pyschiatrist feels that i had a bad reaction to the cymbalta, and that i may be actually be bipolar. i had no idea that anxiety/panic attacks/dereaization could be a part of bipolar disorder, but she put me on depakote er for mood stabilizing (which will take 306 weeks for any results) and then more ativan when im rele anxious. so far, just feel.. more DR. although i had a week of feeling at least decent. ughh..

lots of problems concentrating/focusing though, and my memory al;ways feels like its failing. either that, or i try so hard to remeber every little detail of everything, when no one is supposed to.

mercy
12-03-2006, 06:25 PM
My doc said the same thing. When I said that ssri's would only work for a couple of weeks then make me worse, she said thats a classic sign of bipolar disorder. I have chosen to not take anymore meds and just use xanax all day... My doc gave me a prescription for xanax xr, supposed to last all day but im afraid to take them cause i hate that sleepy "out of it" feeling. Let me know how the depakote works for you...