PDA

View Full Version : favorite herbal teas?

homebird
12-15-2011, 08:22 AM
I'm making the switch from coffee/caffiene to herbal teas. What are your favorite flavors/brands? (and links would be great if you have them!)

I'm currently sipping Tension Tamer tea (it's mint/lemon/chamomile).

Alexus
12-15-2011, 08:45 PM
I can't say about brands but as the herbs themselves go I favor a mixture of Menthol and Lemon balm (Melissa officinalis). Both have a calming effect on the central nervous system and so does chamomile afaik. I still have my coffee in the morning but whenever I am having an onset of anxiety I drink about a litre of this tea per day. I think it does help although ofcourse it can not on it's own combat moderate to severe anxiety it certainly is beneficial and also as a bonus keeps you well hydrated.

Peace
12-16-2011, 08:10 AM
I like the Yogi brand teas. When I am feeling anxious I like the Kava Kava. I especially like to take it before bed. Also, I like Traditional Medicinal's Easy Now tea.

Sineidin
12-16-2011, 06:39 PM
I still love a cuppa, so I buy de-caff tea! To relax, Twinings Camomile range is good, honey and vanilla and spiced apple, nice at bedtime, helps you relax.

homebird
12-17-2011, 06:35 AM
But decaf coffee is just like brown water! lol. :) Have you seen the hoops and yoyo cartoon? It makes me laugh every time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQ3-dIkS-CI

jessed03
12-17-2011, 07:04 AM
Mint tea for the win!!

I buy one thats a mixture of peppermint, spearmint and fieldmint. Theres something so timeless about it. Whenever I drink it, it I feel like I'm transported back to ancient china, sitting on a mountain, overlooking the world with a zen like perspective lol!!

PanicCured
12-17-2011, 05:09 PM
One thing to note, is mint relaxes the sphincter of the esophagus and can cause heart burn or reflux in some people. It doesn't for me and I love a lot of mint, but it can for some people.