PDA

View Full Version : fear of vision

Tilerman
12-13-2011, 02:57 PM
Has anybody out there experience so much anxiety, panic & DP ,That you feel scared of the senses(Vision), I had so much of the distorted vision sensation that now I feel scared off my vision(Weird),Expert say it not insanity or psychotic because I know right & wrong and I feel the distress its causing where psychotics don't,But am very confused over this anxiety caused sensation

ashcole
12-13-2011, 03:02 PM
i have had lots of bluured vision even saw spots and flying gold orbs its all anxiety caused

Tilerman
12-13-2011, 03:12 PM
ashcole
thanks for the reply, I was wondering if anybody else had this experience , I would become hyper focused on this sensation,then get real anxious

therapyqueen
12-13-2011, 03:36 PM
I haven't had a problem with vision specifically, but when a sensation makes me anxious the best thing to do is take a deep breath and sing a song that will get my mind off the experience. You're not psychotic, it's just a different sensation for you. Don't worry about it too much <3

jon mike
12-14-2011, 08:05 AM
I've had this and like many things that come with anxiety its awful, truth is though its the thing that's keeping the anxiety going for you. Accept it for a nothing, you'll find the more you invite anxiety to the party, the less it wants to come x

elgrande
12-14-2011, 03:28 PM
When I'm keyed up I sometimes get a panicky feeling about whether I'm experiencing reality and this is linked to my vision. Its hard to explain but its almost like I'm conscious of looking out of the eyes and whether this is real or not.

Schatmeisje
12-14-2011, 05:20 PM
i always get vison problems with anxiety, especially if i have to walk down a long corridor (not sure why) and my sight goes veyr strange and distorted. I normally just try to focus on something else when it happens when i am out, i will look at my hand or something like that and concentrate on that and it helps a bit to ignore the other distorted sights in the distance.
It always reminds me of that movie 'copycat' where the lady is agoraphobic and she opens her door to go into the hallway, and her vision does exactly what mine does, thats how i explain it to friends and family, i just show them that part of the mvie as it is too hard for them to understand.