PDA

View Full Version : Extreme Nausea & Cramps

Razzle
12-12-2011, 07:22 AM
This has been so bad for 3 weeks I am missing work and feeling deathly ill - almost to the point of vomiting but I don’t.

It all started when I went on a low carbohydrate diet 6 weeks ago and started having SEVERE hypoglycemic attacks worse than a panic attack. I had nausea from the first day of the diet change but it has gone off the charts this past 3 weeks.

I know during the diet my anxiety was raging but it has calmed down a lot and the nausea and cramps are still horrible after 3 weeks - they are so bad most days I cant even feel my anxiety.

Anyone else with this - what helped.

Razzle
12-12-2011, 03:21 PM
bump message

jessed03
12-12-2011, 05:04 PM
When withdrawing from anti-depressants, I had terrible nausea and vertigo, I sipped a lot of peppermint tea slowly, to ease the nausea, and took peppermint oil capsules for the cramps. The type IBS sufferers take. They're non-medicinal, and actually work really well for cramps. I also have celiac disease, so if I accidently eat any gluten, I get severe stomach pains and cramps, and the peppermint oil caps work really well for me. They could be worth a shot, I get generic brands for around £3/4, so it's not an expensive loss if they don't work.

Out of curiousity, are you still on the diet?

Razzle
12-12-2011, 05:39 PM
No back on standard diet but having to eat tiny amounts to keep from severe cramps