PDA

View Full Version : It can be done!!!!!

overit
12-09-2011, 03:06 AM
I wanted to post this to try and offer some hope to people.

I noticed that when I was going through the darkest parts of my anxiety that I couldn't find any success stories on the internet to keep me inspired and motivated. I promised myself that WHEN (not if) I got better, I would post this to try and give people a boost and to let you know that you can get through it.

It dawned on me that the reason I couldn't find any success stories is that once someone is 'better' that they are no longer thinking about their anxiety hence why they wouldn't think to tell people about it.

The only way I found that I could describe how I was feeling to someone who hadn't gone through it was to ask them what their biggest fear was, to imagine how they feel when faced with that fear and then to imagine that they feel that way about everything. Driving to work, going in to a supermarket, even eating and drinking.

My symptoms were the usual really - extreme nausea, indigestion, palpitations, panic attacks, paranoia, pins and needles, derealisation, dizziness, and the worst one was a problem with swallowing. I lost a lot of weight (I am only slight as it is) and I looked grey. This went on for me for about 12 months. I was an extreme hypochondriac. I was miserable all the time. I had constant negative thoughts running through my head. I nearly lost my partner. Nobody could stand to be around me.

Then, a few weeks ago I decided that enough is enough. I have to actually try (I mean really try) to pull myself out of this! I started eating healthily, I took vitamins, I had counselling sessions and hypnotherapy but I think the main thing that pulled me out was exercise and structure to my life. I drew up a weekly routine and I stuck to it. Monday was food shopping and eating out (my counseller said that this was the best way to get over my swalowing problem... to face my fears) Tuesday and Wednesday was 30 minutes of tough exercise, Thursday is date night with my fiance, Friday is badminton, Saturday is housework and Sunday is the gym.

And now, just a few weeks on, I feel back to my old self. I am in a good mood nearly all of the time, I feel as though I have energy. My apetite has gone through the roof. I feel content. I don't get panicky anymore. I don't get any of those horrible feelings anymore.

So there you have it. No matter how hopeless it feels right now, in a few short weeks things could be so much better for you. Please don't ever give up hope. The rest of your life will NOT be like this.

PanicCured
12-09-2011, 03:43 AM
CONGRATULATIONS!

Great to hear your success story.

It's true that once you pull yourself out of this, you don't really think about anxiety anymore. I did, however, promise that one day I would help others in need, so I do want to devote part of my time in helping people with this. For me, it didn't get better in a few weeks but it took me 9 months or so of healing and focus to start feeling normal again. But I also was withdrawing from Klonopins at the same time which made it extra hard.

I pound the weights hard at the gym and do cardio too, and sometimes yoga. I love it! I eat pretty healthy too.

But I went from super psycho panic out of control to manageable anxiety within days from doing Buteyko breathing techniques and exercises.

Anxiety is a bluff! You got to out bluff the bluff and heal your nervous system.