PDA

View Full Version : Sensitivities to Everything

Razzle
12-03-2011, 08:37 AM
It seems like the worse my anxiety gets the more REAL sensitivities I get - some examples:

A few months back I took a medication I have used years before without any problem. This time I had a huge adverse reaction.

Foods I used to be able to eat now make me sick - MSG with Asian foods now can set me off for days. Balsamic vinegar I have eaten for years and last week I had a major reaction and almost had to call 911 as my tongue was swelling and I could not breathe.

I can hardly watch TV most days - no matter the program it is too stimulating for my nerves. Same with music, even the most relaxing is irritating.

I feel like my whole nervous system has had the protective covering removed and I am just one big raw nerve. Movements, sounds and even colors seem too much and last time I had a massage it almost hurt.

Can anyone identify with this????

AsktheAges
12-03-2011, 11:41 AM
Yes, I'm not sure if my case is as severe as yours but my digestive problems become unbearable when my stress/anxiety levels rise. (They've been horrible this semester.) I startle much more easily in response to loud noises etc.