PDA

View Full Version : hypochondria strikes again?

loveandfireworks
12-02-2011, 09:19 PM
I already have a lot of health anxiety and am a bit of a hypochondriac. Well I have been sick with some kind of sinus infection/cold lately. Actually i was sick first then my bf was and then my mom. Well my moms turned into bronchitis. So then I began freaking out that mine wpuld turn into bronchitis or even worse, pneumonia. I was supposed to have a doctors appt today to just check all my bloodwork and see if they could tell me if I just had a sinus thing going on or a cold. However I am in the process of finding a new Dr and the one I was supposed to see today doesn't accept my insurance. Now I have to wait til next week to see a diff Dr.

Well now tonight I find out that my 4 year old cousin who I was at her house two nights in a row for several hours each time has c diff, a contangious colon disease. She is in the hospital being treated but I am afraid that I lay have touched some things that she touched and am going to contract it now too. And from what I have read, it can be a petty serious condition. I know, I know I shouldn't Google but I couldn't help it. I mean I am pretty side my cousins keep decent hygeine but I am still freaking out....

dthul1
12-03-2011, 10:17 PM
Yes you certainly need to see a doctor. I wont look up what c diff is because I've been doing rather well with not using Google lately. I will say though I'm sure it can be treated. Speak to your Dr about that disease and ask all the questions you need to. I'm sure you are fine I wouldn't worry to much! ( Such irony, I know :))