PDA

View Full Version : Lorazepam and Paxil questions

babybluekelly
11-30-2006, 11:07 PM
Okay so I have been suffering from anxiety problems for many years but it is only in the past year or so that it got so out of control that I began medication. My doc put me on Lorazepam, the kind that you take whenever you feel anxiety. He said if I felt that I needed better help we would try Paxil. First question has anyone here taken these two drugs together and found that they help? At first the Lorazepam seemed to help, and although I don't take that many I feel it has already begun to lose it's potency. I'm not too keen on going someting as permenant as Paxil but I feel as though I am losing control over my life again. Also in the Lorazepam side effects the possibility for seizure was there, but is this only for the kind that is prescribed everyday and the injection not the kind I have? Any useful advice would be greatly appreciated.

Auron
12-02-2006, 05:27 PM
my councelur subscribed me Zoloft and it worked great for me. she took quite a long time in looking different medications and reading carefully the side effects, and out of all of them she gave me Zoloft. but then again i suppose it all depends on the person since everyone is different it may not work exactly the same for all.

ls
12-02-2006, 09:34 PM
I take Paxil and Ativan and the combo seems fine. I have such bad anxiety, the medication really helps. I don't have any side effects..but if I try to stop the drugs I will have bad withdrawal. I don't want to get off them though, they have given me my life back.

I have tried Zoloft and hated it. It is all about trying what works for you. I have been threw about 10 medications...but paxil is the best for me.