PDA

View Full Version : A success story I'd like to share

Jesseg
11-30-2011, 04:25 PM
Hi everyone,

I'm new here, but I just wanted to share a bit with you. I've suffered severe generalized anxiety and panic disorder since I was very young. My anxiety was so severe I had to drop out of high school, never having attended classes. Throughout that time, people didn't believe I had anxiety...They thought I was making up excuses or just trying to get out of things. When it got bad enough that I had to drop out, teachers still werent convinced.

Throughout my journey, I went through about 23 different medications, ~10 psychologists/psychiatrists, and almost every side affect you can think of. I have been there. I tried everything...EVERYTHING. For years I did anything I could with the hopes of going back to school to join my peers but it was futile, and for some time I gave up that hope.

However, eventually I found the right medication for me and balance along with behavioral therapy and I am proud to say I have been able to live my life again! I got my GED, got an associates, and am now on the trip to getting my MD!!! I've even started writing a blog about it to encourage others (ged2md.blogger.com) and I promise al of you... YOU CAN GET THROUGH IT!

Please don't give up, and please realize there is help out there and to use EVERY source. I know it's hard to go through every step and not find help, but don't give up. Exhaust every resource and you WILL improve! I promise!!

dthul1
12-01-2011, 09:26 PM
Thanks for this!

jessed03
12-02-2011, 09:10 AM
Always good to hear a success story, it keeps people inspired during those though days. And a very cool name if I may say so.

May good health continue...

Demarco
12-02-2011, 09:15 AM
Good story. Although the link doesn't work for your blog :/