PDA

View Full Version : Is this feeling caused from my panic and anxiety or is it something serious.

DocSi
11-29-2011, 11:29 AM
I've suffered from mild anxiety for many years now and it's just recently turned more into panic when this happened. Two weeks ago on sunday after I ate a bunch of crazy bread and when finished I smoked a cigarette. When I finished my cigarette and was putting it out I experienced a weird sensation that seemed to shoot up my chest. It didn't hurt or anything...the best way to describe it was I felt like if my skin were a suit that I was wearing, I sank back into the suit like I pulled some G's in a plane. When I felt this I instantly went into a panic attack that lasted 4 days. My heart was just pounding out of my chest because I thought I was maybe having a heart attack. I finally got into my doctors and they told me it was just acid reflux. They also refilled my prescription to xanax to help cope with the anxiety and panic. Which worked. I am much more calm now, but every day since I have experienced that same sensation that first sent me into panic. It feels like it's more to the right side of my chest versus the left over my heart, and it shoots up from like my stomach area maybe. It comes from lower and flies upwards then it is gone. I'm just wondering if this is just my panic filled mind making me feel this, because I still haven't been able to get my mind of the idea that something is wrong with my heart. If any of you experience this same sensation tell me about it, and if you think I should be concerned please tell me what you think. I've been pretty worked up about this. Also, I'm trying to stop smoking cigarettes, I was a heavy smoker, so maybe that has something to do with it?