PDA

View Full Version : is this anxiety

yodaman208
11-25-2011, 08:00 PM
Hi everybody im matthew a 16 year old male and i just wanted to know if im going crazy or not (lol) this all started about one and a half years ago with a stomach problem that docters still to this day don't know what it is which has left me worrying.
Symptoms:
.tingling in fingers and toes
.nausea
.sweating
.chills
.tingling sensation that runs down spine
.disturbing thoughts
.unshakable thoughts of suicide despite the fact i won't do it
.fear of going insane
.trouble concentrating
.sometimes i pace up and down the house
.diarrhea

i keep looking on the internet trying to find out what i have but i keep being led to anxiety so i want to know am i worrying over a little problem?.

yodaman208
11-25-2011, 10:54 PM
is there anyone with symptoms similar with what i have and if so is it anxiety and how do you cure/cope with it as it is starting to annoy me deeply i find it hard to go to public places in fear i ill feel nauseas or have to do diarrhea.

Slammed Vdub
11-25-2011, 11:13 PM
I have the nausea symptom as well in public. I kind of just worked my way up to it, ex, small get together, then small restaurant, them quiet move, then crowded mall etc.. but my BIGGEST mistake was looking up symptoms online, it can make you feel worse. And all of the other symptoms are very common. Just know that you WILL get better, you wont be like that forever.

yodaman208
11-26-2011, 12:20 AM
im glad to here it won't last forever that makes me happier and im glad that your better and i agree looking up the symptoms was my biggst mistake aswell

yodaman208
11-26-2011, 04:45 AM
also how long do these anxiety attacks usually last for?

yodaman208
11-27-2011, 12:26 AM
will these anxiety attacks last forever or will you eventually grow out of them.

yodaman208
11-28-2011, 01:58 AM
Is there anyone there to answer my questions.

Demarco
11-28-2011, 12:32 PM
It's not really something that can be easily diagnosed over the internet. There are so many combinations of anxiety disorders, personality disorders, depression, etc. such that we can't really make a fair opinion for you at this point.

I'll start with this: these things tend to disappear and reappear. You might have anxiety attacks for awhile, feel OK for a while, then get them again. It's the same with depression. Anxiety usually isn't beaten but rather very well-controlled. There are many different things you can do to combat your anxiety, everything from medication to changing the way you think to changing your lifestyle. I think you should start by seeing a therapist. They can help you in many different ways, and at the very least, it's nice to have someone to talk to/look for consultation in.

It sounds like you have some issues that might pertain with social anxiety/agoraphobia/irritable bowel syndrome, along with maybe generalized anxiety/avoidant characteristics. Try to identify your problems and then identify solutions. It's in your power to beat whatever issues you have. You just have to figure out how.

yodaman208
11-28-2011, 03:53 PM
thanks for your reply demarco mine tend to appear then disappear for awhile then come back and usually last for about 5-8 days then disappear im hoping to see a therapist soon and get this all figured out as it can be hugely crippling.

stevie
11-29-2011, 03:14 AM
I know how you feel, this is new for me too. I started seeing a therapist and it's helped a little. Good luck!

yodaman208
11-29-2011, 05:59 AM
Hey stevie thanks for replying im glad your seeing a therapist and happy that your feeling a little bit better. I'm starting to feel better so thats a start hopefully my episode is dying down before next cycle which i'm not looking forward too but i hope you start to get better.

yodaman208
11-30-2011, 02:53 PM
Going to the G.I doctor today in the hopes we can figure out my stomach problem which i believe is the root of all my problems so fingers crossed.

yodaman208
11-30-2011, 06:17 PM
well i have a gastroscopy booked for next week s thats helpful:)

stevie
12-01-2011, 10:12 AM
hope everything works out!

Demarco
12-01-2011, 03:05 PM
Going to the G.I doctor today in the hopes we can figure out my stomach problem which i believe is the root of all my problems so fingers crossed.

I don't mean to be a jerk, but your symptoms include some stuff that I don't think is caused by just stomach problems... you might get rid of a big stressor, but don't be disappointed if all your problems don't just die away with your stomach issues.

Good luck!

yodaman208
12-01-2011, 03:59 PM
Thanks for the input guys demarco i agree i don't expect all my symptoms to up and leave when my stomach is fixed so it's ok your not being a jerk:)

yodaman208
12-01-2011, 04:38 PM
Also i vomited bile this morning i don't know if that means anything but i thought i would add it