PDA

View Full Version : Symptoms of Anxiety?

jimmygriff
11-21-2011, 02:31 AM
Hi guys, I have recently (since last Tuesday) been suffering from some symptoms that could be attributed to anxiety, I have an appointment at the Doctors this week but I was wondering if you guys think this might be what I am suffering from.

I first noticed something was wrong when I was just feeling very light headed and "spaced out". I have been finding it very hard to concentrate at work, and my motivation has taken a big hit. I have really been having to force myself to actually get up and do things. I'm very tired, my appetite has dropped considerably and I am finding that for probably 80% of the day I have a headache, usually at the back of my head but not always, which is really fairly mild in nature. Nothing agonising. In addition to this I have a really wierd "scalp crawling" sensation that I have occasionally heard linked to anxiety.

However, whilst I don't believe that anxiety etc is something that "crazy people" suffer from, I always just assumed that I would never have the problem. I am incredibly laid back, have a job that really gives me zero stress and I am in a happy relationship. But since I initially started having these symptoms I immediately did the irrational thing and the words "brain tumour" crossed my mind. It seems that from now on when I start thinking about serious illnesses my symptoms tend to get worse, particularly the "scalp crawling" thing.

Does this sound like anyone elses story? Did anyone elses anxiety just come on with no obvious catalyst? I am 26, and it may be worth pointing out that I also suffer from migraines with auras, which I am able to largely control through good eating habits. Also that I have never had any history of anxiety or stress related illness.

I would be very grateful for your thoughts on this, and if anyone wants to tell me that I am not going crazy or dying that would also be appreciated!

Thanks,

James.

Demarco
11-21-2011, 08:55 PM
Hey jimmy. I doubt you're dying, and you seem really rational, for what it's worth.

I'm not a doctor and I feel like I'm out of my comfort zone saying this, but I don't think you have anxiety. Your symptoms are a lack of focus, motivation, and appetite, along with having headaches. It sounds more like mild depression resulting from a hormonal imbalance. Something like a lack of dopamine maybe. A diet change or exercise might be in order, or maybe even a light prescription, if you prefer that route. Talk with your doctor to see what he/she thinks, and let me know what action you're taking. I'd love to hear more about it.

Blessed
03-12-2014, 06:26 PM
Searching for "scalp crawling" ran across this. Mine has been doing this for several days now moving into my face? Feels like a tingly crawly sensation . Really concerning me. Anyone dealt with this. My meds have remained the same for quite sometime ?

Blessed
03-12-2014, 09:04 PM
Anybody relate? Drivin me nuts