PDA

View Full Version : Going Mental?

Slammed Vdub
11-16-2011, 06:56 PM
Ok so today i had another counseling session after my very strange weekend. I was anxiety free for months then all of the sudden i got in this wierd mental state, where i felt; alone, separated, hopeless, scared and i felt like i was on the edge between reality and mental. In order to describe this to her i had to think about it which made me feel like it again. She said i have OCD and i have to be evaluated by a physiatrist, which made me feel ever more like im going mental. I think thats my new anxiety's trigger, is the fear of going mental. I get scary thoughts in my head and i only find relief when i am distracted. I feel like my life is spiraling out of control and i fear being "mental". Can anyone else relate to this?

PanicCured
11-16-2011, 08:03 PM
Did you go mental? No. Will you go mental next time this happens? No. Will you ever go mental? No. Did your life actually spiral out of control? No. Will it ever? No.

Do you want to go from doctor to doctor begging for help from your FEAR of going crazy? Take $10,000 in tests so you can get the doctor to tell you that you are ok? Is that what you are looking for? To be told you are ok?

You are ok.

Would you rather just see that your just having anxiety and bipass the whole process?

Ziggy925
11-17-2011, 11:56 AM
I agree with PanicCured. Been there and I can assure you you are not going mental.