PDA

View Full Version : I tried

gadguy
11-16-2011, 12:42 PM
I tried to get off my Lex for about 6 weeks..it was way more than I could handle..the anxiety, the anger, the emotional roller coaster. I'm back on the Lex again, a smaller dosage, and I feel like a normal human again. I guess I'm stuck with this little pill forever.

Ziggy925
11-17-2011, 11:51 AM
I'm just happy there is a little pill that got me out of my constant anxious state and have no great desire to go back there.

Think about it this way: Some people take a pill or a shot every day just to stay alive. It's not that bad, and the good news is you are on a lower dose now. When things settle you might try cutting back a little bit more and see what happens. Also, if your doc can't help you, there are some pretty good plans for getting off benzos and SSRI's on the Net. Some involve cutting back at a very slow rate, others involve switching to another SSRI and titrating down from that one. Has to do with the half-life.

gadguy
11-17-2011, 02:38 PM
I just worry about what the longterm effects may be of taking this, that and I don't like having to depend on it or anything or anybody. Having anxiety issues most of my life has made me extremly indepent, my way of copeing was to avoid sitiuations that could bring on an attack, so I isolated myself in my on little world...I was in the real world but avoided contact with it. I do better now with the pill, but still have a long way to go..someday I may even be able to go on a date and not throw up. LOL its happened...no way you get a secound date after that.

PanicCured
11-17-2011, 10:08 PM
First off, today is not the rest of your life. You are on meds now, and that is ok for now. Today is not forever.

If you want to be med free, I think what you should do is taper off the Lexapro extremely slow. Slower than doctors recommend, because you know, they aren't addictive of course. (sarcasm)

When I had to get off Klonopins, I sat there with a knife cutting it off about 1/8 - 1/16 less every 2 weeks. I was not on them very long term so that worked for me. You may need to reduce even slower. But basically, you stick at a dose every 2 weeks then drop it by 1/16 or 1/8. Stay for 2 weeks then repeat. I did something similar to when I was getting off Zoloft.

The idea is to stabilize your brain. That is why you keep the same dose for 2 weeks. Then just drop a little, so you are reducing, but not so much it causes a shock. Then be stable for another 2 weeks. Then you may have to sit there with a razor blade toward the end cutting tiny pieces before you finally are done. It's a long process but it's the only one that works for most people.

While you are getting off the meds, you take some of the natural supplements I mentioned in my techniques and herbal thread, to balance out your brain. NEVER get off cold turkey!

For getting off meds, I recommend adding to the anxiety supplements, Milk Thistle Extract, and a green drink like Barley Grass powder to help detox your liver.