PDA

View Full Version : Could it actually be anxiety?

pbsml
11-15-2011, 01:49 AM
Hey friendly folks,

I'm happy to find this forum. I've been so reluctant in accepting that anxiety might actually be the root of my problems. I'm 31, male, pretty fit, and quite a confident person (or so I think). Wow, sounds like a personal ad (it's not). ;)
About 18 months ago, I had a crazy experience. I came home from work, was playing some Wii with my girlfriend and a buddy of mine, having a beer, and then suddenly, BAM, I started getting my typical PVC's that i had been getting on and off for the last 6 years, but this time they were accompanied by chest pains, dizziness, and a serious sense of panic. I freaked out. Since that day, my life has not been the same.
Being somewhat adverse to traditional medicine, I was hesitant to see a doctor, but knew it was the right thing to do. I saw a cardiologist. I told him all of my symptoms that were then recurring frequently through every day. He said I have high blood pressure, and more than likely, anxiety. I had EVERY test done on my heart. Holter monitors, EKG's, Echocardiograms, stress tests, and so on... the tests showed I was normal and that I had benign PVCs (a lot of them).
I refused to believe that this was something in my mind.
I get freezing hands and feet, yet sweaty at the same time. My hands tingle, as well as my face from time to time. I feel so foggy-minded, my vision is a little blurry now, i get that feeling like i have a fashionable headband on at all times, crazy PVCs, palpitations, pains in my arms and legs, digestion issues (yeah, those not-so-pleasant ones), and the list goes on.
I've since been seeing a naturopathic doc to help me along. I keep feeling like I'm finding the way, but somehow, I always come back to this anxiety diagnosis that I really don't want to accept. Could this actually be what I am dealing with? Is this a plague of some sort? If this is in fact the case, can I get over it without meds? I don't even like taking Ibuprofin. I like the natural way. I eat so healthy and putting chemicals into my body has no appeal to me. Needless to say, I don't drink beer anymore. I found out i have some serious sensitivities to wheat, eggs, barley, etc...

I would love to hear some opinions or thoughts on this from some anxiety veterans or even newcomers. I feel alone, lost, and even out of control sometimes. I would love to get my life back (naturally, if possible).

Thanks for reading... and in advance for any words you might send my way.

All the best.

pbsml
11-15-2011, 09:55 AM
I forgot to mention... I saw a number of different doctors that told me anxiety was the problem here. I don't know why I have / had such a tough time accepting this answer, but I would love to get some advice on what to do. I've read a lot through this forum and it sounds like quite a lot of people have similar symptoms, but I can't seem to find any that have chest pains. Has this happened to anyone? How about PVCs? Does this happen to anyone out there at all?

Thanks

Schatmeisje
11-16-2011, 01:37 AM
I pften have chest pains and go numb down my left side, i have had that for probably 18 months or so, but less regularly now i finally accepted it was anxiety. I can ignore it better, and it seems to not happen anywhere near as often now i am not scared of it like i was before ( i used to be terrified!) As for the PVC's, i get these every single day, and quite often, everytime i go outside i get them, and often at night time when i am laying down . xx

pbsml
11-16-2011, 09:01 AM
Thanks for the reply. I think I feel better knowing that it's anxiety and not something serious. At first, I didn't like the thought of it, but really, it is better than having an underlying sickness that I can't heal, right? I just need to find the right ways to deal with it and then I will feel a lot better. I like that you say you don't let it scare you anymore. I need to get to that stage. Maybe by accepting this fight, the fear will disappear or something. The chest pains scare the crap out of me because every time i get them, i convince myself that they feel a little different than the times before and that it surely has to be something with my heart. listen to me, wow. i'm making them come on right now even.
And the PVC's, I'm with you about the laying down. That's typically when they're the worst for me. It sucks, but knowing they're not going to kill me helps now. It took a few doctors telling me that before I really let it sink in.
Thanks again for the reply. :) I feel a lot less alone out there.

VincentNew
11-20-2011, 08:32 AM
I'm too busy acting like I'm not Naive. I've seen it all, I was here first.