PDA

View Full Version : Happy and discouraged all at the same time

ToddM
11-11-2011, 04:21 PM
I've been dealing with depression and anxiety/touch of OCD for about four months now. I've been seeing a therapist and am taking some medication for the anxiety, and things were going okay, not great, a recent setback, all the same ol' stuff.

But today, as I was driving to a worksite about an hour from my workplace, I had this brilliant mental clarity about the whole thing. I knew with every ounce of my mind that my fears were irrational, that all the unwanted thoughts were just anxiety barking at me, and I felt better than I have in a long time. It was like the dark clouds suddenly parted and the sky was clear as a bell. I felt so good I felt my eyes tear up at the sense of relief.

Sadly, about an hour later, the doubts crept back in, and by this evening I'm in the same ol' dark place, completely discouraged.

Well, maybe "completely" isn't the right word. I feel soooo disappointed; but on the other hand, I've seen the light and know I just need to find the a way to keep the clouds away for good. I think I can do it. I know I can.