PDA

View Full Version : Thinking to self?

Slammed Vdub
11-07-2011, 10:55 PM
Does anyone else like think to themselves. At least i think its thinking, like talk in your head, but not ask questions just kinda think about random stuff throughout the day. I always get random thoughts in my head and it makes me feel like im going insane.

weebabybee
11-08-2011, 01:19 PM
lol i went through a stage of revolving thoughts it was horrible and madness now when i start thinking those strange creepy and uncontrollable thoughts i replace it with a song and i sing and sing and sing not sure if this makes me anymore sane but it makes the horrible thoughts stop lol xx

Brad72
11-08-2011, 04:24 PM
I can tell you now that regardless of who you are, what your mental state is or how old you old everyone talks to themselves. Whether it judging an emotion or sensation, thinking about a situation, monologuing about what you might say to someone, everyone does it. Thats the way we are made. The only people with quiet minds would be zen masters and probably monks, but they have spent years training their minds to be quiet and I'm sure even they daydream.

The main trick is to train your mind to only acknowledge those thoughts that are helpful to you and who you want to be. For example, you might have a huge growth on you arm. A helpful though would be "i need to go to the doctor to get that looked at". An unhelpful though would be "oh god that growth must me cancer" because you are not a doctor and only making a personal judgement with no proof to support it.

You might find some mindfullness techniques would be useful for you to get a bit of control back. For example if my mind tells me I can't do something because of anxiety I thank my mind for that unhelpful thought and refocus to a more positive though like this is going to be fun. It does take practice but the results are outstanding.