PDA

View Full Version : Throat choking problem

swordblow_25
10-31-2011, 01:54 AM
Well I atlast after 4 years of suffering and in denial have acknowledged that I suffer from some kind of anxiety disorder. Buts things are a little more complicated. I am 27 year old male working in a high pressure/high stree industry

First of all I love being under pressure. It makes my mind run faster, makes me more aware and more determined than I normally am. Basically I thrive under pressure. But for the last 4 years I noticed something different. I always have the occasional panic attack which I can control after a minute or two. But my throat seems to be acting very very different to the rest of my body.

So to cut a long story short, under pressure I lose my voice and my throat/mouth become dry and I start choking. This never happened before. And slowly my whole mindset has changed. I used to give speeches in front of 50-100 people without much of a hassle. Now I cant seem to speak in front of 5 people even though I have so much to say. I am slowly becoming more reserved and avoiding any pressure situations (except in sports where I dont have to use my mouth).

This has now started to cause some serious issues in my life. Both personal and work place. I even quit my job and at home for the last 4 months. And I fear things could get more worse and desperately need help.

Is there any medication which can specifically relax the muscles in the throat? I tried Alprax and other anti-depressents but both dampen my nerves and reflexes and so not very helpful.

swordblow_25
11-02-2011, 11:41 AM
Anyone Please.