PDA

View Full Version : please read..

natalie23
10-30-2011, 11:55 AM
ive been told i have anxiety, does anyone get pains down their left arm sometimes? ive had it a while now it comes and goes, my docter says its a physical symptom of anxiety but im so worried its something more.

Brad72
10-30-2011, 05:27 PM
Hi There. I have had pains in my arm many times. It is always nothing. Just remember that anxiety is great at telling stories and we are great at listening to them, even thought the the stories anxiety is telling us are always false, like you will get sick, you can't do it etc.

Anxiety causes a lot of muscle tension which is why we can get aches and pains. Listen to your doctor and not your anxiety thoughts. He is the professional one, although anxiety will try to make you second guess what he has said, your doctor will be correct.

leighs
10-30-2011, 10:56 PM
Hi Natalie. I can definitely relate. The majority of my anxiety issues are health related. When I get a pain or symptom that sends me to my Dr., the dumb anxiety tries to tell me that what my Dr. said is not factual and it is something serious. However, every single time my Dr. has been right. It's usually just anxiety. As Brad said above, anxiety can cause a lot of muscle tension. Try to do some meditation and relax. Trust your Dr. If you don't like your Dr. maybe you can try a different one that you would feel more comfortable with. Best of luck to you!!!

Schatmeisje
10-31-2011, 12:12 AM
Me too, I have had it A LOT and also then followed by numbness and tingling in my hands, Its scary when its happening but sonce i now know its just anxiety it diesnt happen nearly as often now and i dont panic when it does happen. xx

natalie23
10-31-2011, 08:59 AM
thanks for the replys guys x