PDA

View Full Version : dr prescribed zoloft and ativan today for anxiety

ameyers6
10-30-2011, 01:31 AM
i been on zoloft 50mg for 2 days now i take in the morning but it seems im kinda nauseated by the night time to wear i throw up
could this be the zoloft or the 1mg of ativan
im guessing the zoloft will get better as i go along
also should i take it morning or night i do stay up till about 4am

Chiliphil1
12-06-2011, 05:29 PM
I was on this combo briefly, I did not notice any nausea symptoms from either, but I did notice that the zoloft made my anxiety go out of control, hence the ativan which calms you enough to get over the zoloft side effects. As far as timing I never could figure that out, which is why I'm not taking it anymore, if I took it in the morning I was so anxious during the day I almost couldn't function, like it made me paranoid. When I took it at night before bed I felt tired when I woke up, and just wanted to sleep all day. It did not work for me due to those reasons, but I can confirm that the side effects do lessen over time, but that may take about a month or more. Hopefully it works for you, I did notice an improvement in my anxiety with it but could not handle the side effects I am on just ativan as needed now, no other mes, best of luck to you!

PanicCured
12-06-2011, 08:11 PM
How bad is your anxiety that you want to begin this regimen? Would it be possible to treat it without drugs or are you unable to cope with your daily life? Ativan is addicting and Zoloft is a real bitch to get off too. If you need them, it's ok, but what I'm asking is, if you can treat your anxiety without the drugs, maybe consider not going this route. I am never for Benzodiazepenes as they are very addicting. For the Ativan, only take when absolutely necessary, not just casually. I would not recommend regular use over 6- 8 weeks. It took me a lot of work to get off klonopins. If you want to get out, not saying you do, I'd do it now before your body gets used to it and you have to taper off.

Enzo386
12-06-2011, 08:41 PM
I've been on Zoloft for 3 days and have experienced dizziness, headaches, and naseau along with dilated pupils. I take the pill early in the morning when I wake up for classes/work, and notice the side effects get better around the evening.