PDA

View Full Version : Scared of People i see every day

rose90
10-24-2011, 11:59 PM
i get panic attacks from thinking about walking into a room with other people i know and see everyday. working with other people at my job scares me. I got so focused on what they think of me that I get overwhelmed and walk away. which doesn't help me at all because then they think I'm useless. it takes me longer to do a task when working with others because I'm not focused at my job. All this started from a several childhood instances that just eats me alive now because i feel that it followed me and it did. i want peace and feel it will never come. I even feel anxious just thinking about submitting this thread and asking for help.

babymuscles
10-25-2011, 08:49 AM
Rose the same feelings sent me to find a counselor about 4 weeks ago...In talking and researching I've come to the conclusion that paranoia and intrusive thoughts are the ultimate symptoms of untreated anxiety.

rose90
10-25-2011, 11:31 PM
I talked to my phycologist and he made me feel better for a little while. about 2 weeks after I stopped seeing him everything started to go down hill for me. i can't take medicine for anxiety or depression because of my job but i thought i was doing something wrong, that i failed myself.Guess thats the depression talking but i honestly thought that and felt it.

WineKitty
11-06-2011, 08:53 PM
Why cant you take meds because of your job? I take benzos and I work in Health Care. I couldnt even show up for work if it werent for Klonopin. I am new to my current job and its very nerve wracking for me still. I am hoping to lighten up on the benzos once I feel more comfortable there, assuming that day will come. Meds can stop those intrusive thoughts and calm you down so you can focus on your job. I wish you luck, I know all too well what you are saying and its horrible isnt it. Best of luck to you.