PDA

View Full Version : Hello

brave_crazy
11-27-2006, 12:15 AM
Hi

27 y/o Female from South Africa.
One of those who never put my hand up in class, or never raises issues/points/concerns out of fear of being thought of as dumb or uneducated.

When i have to talk to people (known and unknown) I fidget, make as little or no eye contact, sweat and shake.

Not 100% sure if that is SAD, but it is frustrating me to no end, i want things to change but it feels like nothing ever will.

Thx

MrsSandraD
11-30-2006, 04:25 PM
Hi There - I do not have social fears but I can relate to you in many ways. It's difficult to explain why we are the way we are - we want to be "normal" and why does everything have to be this difficult??

I figure if we keep reaching out and posting and talking and visiting our doctors or counselors, we can eventually pinpoint our problems and set goals to work on them.

[BIG HUGS TO YOU!!]

Hope you are able to work through this.

brave_crazy
11-30-2006, 11:30 PM
Many thanx MrsSandraD

Looking for answers is the one thing that both keeps in therapy and drives me nuts, one little set back feels like the end of the world, but i have got to keep trying.

Thanx again!!

SocialRetahd
12-01-2006, 02:30 PM
Hi!

I have social anxiety to the extreme. I havent had any real friends since 2001 and I would get so nervous in class my eyes would water. Well, anyways I know what you're dealing with.