PDA

View Full Version : I havnt eaten anything all day from panic...im now worried im ill pl help

worrier123
10-16-2011, 02:00 PM
i dont no about anyone else but when my anxiety is bad my appetite dissapears completly to the point where i sometimes have to force myself to eat which is strange cos i normally love my food! I went out last night and drank alot as it was my birthday the other day and of course today has been what i can only describe as absolute hell! iv had mini panick attacks for most of the day, i new i was feeling anxious cos im alwaays like this on a hangover but thought to go for a walk with my boyfriend down the beach to take my mind off things, i dont no if it helped to be honest as i freaked out again ande even was throwing up due to the terror, we ended up calling the NHS helpline who talked me through what was going on etc etc. im feeling abit better than i was earlier but i just cant seem to get myself to eat anything, and actually the thought of having to eat cos i know i need to makes me feel very anxious. My boyfriend and family say try eat something u need food which i know but i phsycally cant do it not right now or prob anytime soon, i will try tomoro. but of course now im worrying myself thinking that cos i havnt eaten all day and no energy source in me is my body just going to give up on me cos it maybe so weak? i no the easy thing would be to just eat my i dont want to i cant just yet,you know how you get a dry mouth when in a panic? its been like that all day.

do u think im guna be ok? and this i think is the final straw for me...no more drinking!!!

Schatmeisje
10-16-2011, 02:19 PM
You WILL be okay. My eating go's in cycles along with my bad anxiety days. I cant not eat for 2-3- days, then the next day i wake up starving and eat a lot over the next few days. The only thing i have found to help this, is that when i cant eat, i try a really basic soup and just have as much as i can, and i also got some milk drink (you know the ones that are in place of having breakfsat) so i can sometimes manage a glass of that and it heps. try not to stress too much about it ( i know that must sound silly as it will obviously stress you) but try the milk or soup, and remember your appetite will be bacj in no time. Maybe you just need a rest too, having panic attacks and being that anxious reallytakes it out of you, so you need a rest and to settle back down, thats probably why you dont feel like eating also.
I Hope you are feeling better, and you WILL get better xxxxxx

jessed03
10-16-2011, 02:33 PM
try to get some soup or milkshake! take it really slow if you have to. I'd make a sandwich and eat one bite every 20 minutes.

I agree with Schatmeisje. Of all the horrific things anxiety gave me, and the nights and nights i was certain I was going to die, you do make it through. You are ok. The body is so resilient, even if it doesn't feel it.

Citalopram can cause this, it may be partly down to that. If it is, it should settle soon.

Come talk to us on here, we'll keep you company :)

worrier123
10-16-2011, 03:11 PM
Thank u both, i took your advice and my boyfriend had gone to the shop to get me a thick choc milshake that had minerals etc in, he also bought me a lucosade type energy drink, iv managed to drink most of that and i even nobbled at a few crisps(very small amount though)

It just saddens me seeing myself like this, its the same as if it was my friends or family going through something crap its horrible to see, but the worst part is not knowing really what i can do for myself despite trying alot of things.

I love that iv found this forum and that there so many other people like me is quite conforting i only wish sometimes we all lived close together so when times are bad we can come comfort and reassure each other. I know that what i feel is anxiety and panic and i have now realised that my main problem is that i fear fear, but i do sit there alot of the times and think yea its great there are others like me but what if what i feel is different from everyone else and what if my thoughts are more intence than theres, and what if mine probs are so much worse and noone else feel the excat feelings i feel, the racing thoughts of being out of control,freaking out, passing out, throwing up, causing a scene, just generaly being washed over with pure fear...but why i dont actually know!

on days like today when im at my worst i honest just wish that i could take some sleeping tablets or valum or something just to basically knock me out for the day and sleep it off until the morning when my hangover has gone and im back to normal.

I have great friends and family and boyfrien who support me but i really do wish i had someone like u guys i could just call or go see to help me through these tough times and no that im not alone and that im guna be ok...im not always convinced :(

thanks for any advice u give

Kelly x

jessed03
10-16-2011, 03:37 PM
You're putting me in the mood for a choc milkshake now :)

When I went through that stage, I just couldn't eat for months. I just lost my appetite, I lived off of juice and chicken soup. I know exactly what you mean, as I would go to a group for anxiety sufferers, and we'd just hang out, talk about stuff and life, and suddenly when lunch time came around, I would eat like a horse, and yet at breakfast and dinner at home, I couldn't eat a whole banana. I think just being to unload all of that strain and baggage for a bit allowed me to breathe a bit easier and relax enough to have normal spells again.

When I went to therapy, my therapist gave me the number of a few nhs run groups, for sufferers of anxiety and depression, the people there were just so great, it's nothing formal, or depressing, just people meeting up in a nice place, and deciding on a subject to chat about, and sharing anything you need to express. Maybe they do them in your area?

10mg of citalopram is very very low, and usually just a starter dose. If you feel it isn't doing anything to help you, let your doctor know. Afterall, it's what these drug companies get paid billions of dollars for! to ease our suffering and to help us get better.

It's great your boyfriend is so supportive though. It's sad to see the people that come on here, and when they feel awful, their families and friends give them even more grief, and hassle.

PanicCured
10-16-2011, 06:37 PM
I found yogurt to be easy to eat when nothing else would go down. Have you tried that? Also, ginger or mint tea stimulates the appetite.

I would strongly suggest absolutely no alcohol until you have recovered from panic and anxiety!

victor.gatto
10-16-2011, 11:44 PM
no matter what, always have a bottle of water by your side and NEVER miss breakfast lunch and tea. Maintaining a nutritious diet while you have anxiety is vital!

victor.gatto
10-16-2011, 11:45 PM
I found yogurt to be easy to eat when nothing else would go down. Have you tried that? Also, ginger or mint tea stimulates the appetite.

I would strongly suggest absolutely no alcohol until you have recovered from panic and anxiety!

Definately no alcohol!

Martintlane
10-17-2011, 01:38 AM
You really should stay away from alcohol completely if you have any history of anxiety issues. Alcohol will only increase the risks of more anxiety attacks.