PDA

View Full Version : This could cause mess in here,but...I need to say

Fear
11-25-2006, 07:22 AM
Have you ever felt like your anxiety problem (even just presumed) is not a problem anymore?Like you don't wanna heal anymore??
I'll try to be more clear.I had the symptoms of anxiety disorder (never diagnosed) for almost all the years in high school and even before,I could say for my whole life,thinking about some things.Now I'm 20.Almost two years ago I finished high school.The last years also were signed by social phobia symptons probably.Anyway,I used to worry about things a lot,think a lot,about evrything.About the fact that I woulnd't have been able to find a job and do the things I dreamt to do.I used to feel good only on weekends coz I could stay alone,safe from unconfortable situations.Now it's like I'm fond of all that and I miss it.There are some traits of that that I wanna keep because it's necessary to be a good person,I mean able to solve problems and stuff.I already lost some of that.I'm not sad anymore,I'm happy.Even if I've never been this alone.It's like I give things for granted.I don't feel deep blame.I don't have a job,I don't like lying,but I say everybody I can't find it even if I know I don't really look for it.I already went everywhere last year and nothing happened,no one called me.So now I'm just waiting.Well I don't feel good when I say those things to everybody.It's like I'm giving everything for granted,which I don't like at all.To feel depressed I have to force myself.
I mean I spend my days with my mom to do her all she wants to be usefull in some way anyway,both alone only with each other,seeing no one but the people we see in town when we go buy food,pay bills,ect., but instead of going crazy,I don't give a damn!!

Fear
12-09-2006, 06:52 AM
the day after I wrote this everything changed.I felt down again,got back to old thoughts.I'm deep in contact with my inner part for years.Is that part of this.
I've made tons of screening tests.Knowing my fear is justified makes me think it's better;it would have more sense.Anyway,Friday I've made a test with this result:symptons of social phobia,some kind of depression and anxiety problems.But I don't feel depressed!Before I did it again:different result;social phobia,serious.

shsnj
12-11-2006, 08:07 PM
This is not to diminish the seriousness or reality of your problem at all. But I'm convinced that an anxiety-related "payoff" can undercut our motivation to get better. That's not to say that we deliberately generate anxiety for some secondary gain. But I do think some of us get comfortable with anxiety when it permits us to shirk less-than-pleasant responsibilities. That comfort (despite its attendant misery) drains off some of our motivation and we stay perpetually stuck.

We anxiety sufferers need to do uncomfortable things more often, not because we feel good enough to do them, but because they need to get done whether we feel good or not.

Hang tough!

kevin
12-13-2006, 02:39 PM
This is not to diminish the seriousness or reality of your problem at all. But I'm convinced that an anxiety-related "payoff" can undercut our motivation to get better. That's not to say that we deliberately generate anxiety for some secondary gain. But I do think some of us get comfortable with anxiety when it permits us to shirk less-than-pleasant responsibilities. That comfort (despite its attendant misery) drains off some of our motivation and we stay perpetually stuck.

We anxiety sufferers need to do uncomfortable things more often, not because we feel good enough to do them, but because they need to get done whether we feel good or not.

Hang tough!

Hahaha when your anxiety is as bad as mine everything is uncomfortable.

scatmantom
12-13-2006, 02:57 PM
I can relate to this. I am almost scared to recover as I like who I am, but I would like myself even more if I was able to live my life without fear. The reason I'm scared to get better is because it will mean more going out and doing the things that make me anxious, but as im scared of doing those things...im also scared to recover :roll:

Fear
12-20-2006, 06:03 AM
I can relate to this. I am almost scared to recover as I like who I am, but I would like myself even more if I was able to live my life without fear. The reason I'm scared to get better is because it will mean more going out and doing the things that make me anxious, but as im scared of doing those things...im also scared to recover :roll:

Exactly that's even what I mean!

kevin
12-21-2006, 04:32 AM
Scared to recover? I would give my left nut to NEVER have a panic attack EVER AGAIN!

missjonna25
12-24-2006, 08:32 PM
Scared to recover? I would give my left nut to NEVER have a panic attack EVER AGAIN!

i dont have nuts, but if i did, i'd give BOTH.