PDA

View Full Version : My Life

cgdl91
10-13-2011, 07:58 PM
I have been cutting for awhile now. I had to stop because my friends found out and intervened. I love them for it, but it became my coping strategy. My life feels like it is crumbling... school, boys, loneliness, anxiety, depression... it's all hanging over my head in a cloud everyday. I have never had so many people around me and yet felt so lonely in my entire life. I just started some medication... its been a little bit of time though and I just want to be better!!!

I have such amazing friends who support me and keep me away from the cutting... but I feel like i have to now and that causes me even more anxiety.
ANXIETY AND DEPRESSION PLEASE JUST GO AWAY!!

surfmonkey
10-14-2011, 03:28 AM
you know what really helped me with stopping cutting? listerine! when you get the urge to hurt yourself just get listerine and use that until it burns and breathe through the burning and repeat until you feel satisfied. if you need a visual result you can snap a rubber band against your wrist. but dont go crazy there. try flossing. pierce your ears. i hurt myself for years! im not covered with unsightly scars that define me! i dk how old you are but when you will regret the scars of your journey being so visible. im embarrassed to slip my dress off bc my husband will see my scars. have you thought about counseling any?

Penny Jo
10-14-2011, 05:42 PM
Hi cgdl91
I couldn't agree with surfmonkey more. I harmed for years and am too embarrassed to show my arms in public because of the scars - please do take the advice to do something else for the sensation but that isn't harmful at all. Trust me it is rubbish having to spend every summer boiling in long sleeves and having to explain it by saying you feel a draught - peoplle think you're strange! You are lucky to have good friends who are aware of your harming, don't be afraid to use them for support. I also agree that counselling is a good option. Best of luck x

cgdl91
10-18-2011, 02:19 PM
Sorry it took me so long to respond to both of you... to be honest, I am not used to sites like this and it was shocking to me that people respond; shocking, yet comforting. Thank you both for your tips, and I have not cut since I posted this (knock on wood). Everyday is another battle. But that makes everyday also an accomplishment. I try to have hope, and it is harder than most people think... but it is possible. I am in counseling... it is just hard because I am a student now and do not want to have to start talking to a new person while I am here... it is hard enough to talk to the therapist I have now. But thank you both for your comments! Hope to talk to you again soon.

So nice to know I am not alone...