PDA

View Full Version : Crippling Anxiety. HELP!

pink
10-12-2011, 04:21 PM
I am a senior in high school and have been experiencing horrible anxiety ever since I passed out in a health class last May. Now I can barely get through a class without feeling like I am going to pass out so I just get up and leave. The anxiety about all this is extremely stressful. I feel like I'm so stupid for having this problem and always get mad at myself for trying to control it. Right now I am freaking out because I need to be able to stay in my classes if I am going to graduate. I have all these plans for my future, but right now I don't even know how I will achieve anything if I can't make my anxiety go away. I would give anything just to feel normal again.

Lunabell
10-12-2011, 07:32 PM
Try maybe bringing a water bottle with you. Take slow deep breaths and sip the water. That may help to calm you down some. I think you may be overwhelmed and just need time to get reacquainted with everything. I know the gym scared me too.

pink
10-12-2011, 07:55 PM
I will try that. The problem is that once my anxiety starts, it gets worse until I leave the situation. Do you think medication is worth trying?

victor.gatto
10-16-2011, 11:09 PM
i tried the medication, the medication takes 3 weeks to kick in, but when you have anxiety 3 weeks is too long + i feel the medication just made me worse.

pink
10-17-2011, 12:16 PM
I have a therapy appointment on Tuesday. Have you even gone to therapy for your anxiety?