PDA

View Full Version : anxiety can cause highblood pressure??

louie002
10-08-2011, 06:21 PM
im from philippines and i experience all of the symptoms of anxiety
everytime i feel anxious i worry a lot in my blood pressure..
i feel like im gonna die.. or lead into stroke... can somebody help me..

worrier123
10-09-2011, 06:02 AM
I think alot of us feel like this, i do all the time, unfortunatly i dont have the answers, for me it just helps that people here know what you´re going through. Im going to start having CBT to help my anxiety, its about changing the way you think, give it a go....

stay strong

x

jar4u
10-09-2011, 10:55 AM
Yes Anxiety can increase your blood pressure..But only Momentarily as an when you feel more anxious, but when you feel positive and calm, the BP will be totally normal...But anxiety makes you think that you constantly have high BP due to heaviness and pressure in the head and ears...But believe me....if you never had BP before anxiety disorder then you do not have any BP issues!!!!.....Yes your BP will fluctuate throughout the day...the more you become anxious the more the Bp.....Get it... so don't worry too much about it...Till date nobody has died due to Bp fluctuations caused due to anxiety..Its a medically proven fact...(As anxiety gives you only fake sensations and nothing else...Yes they feel totally sick and real..But believe me they are not..I have gone through nearly all of them from past 18 months..Even my BP rises...and falls crazily....Its pretty normal and OK...Relax & Divert you mind into doing something Positive and cheerful!!!! All will be OK :)

biceps72
10-09-2011, 12:08 PM
common situation and true for me too. The more anxious one becomes the worse you feel, then you take your BP and it is elevated, then you take it again, higher---etc. you worsen the situation by taking repeated BP readings!!

louie002
10-09-2011, 06:02 PM
thanks guys... now i understand.. how many years i will suffer from anxiety..? what will be the best therapy?

jar4u
10-10-2011, 02:10 AM
Get your hands on the linden method or Panic Away if you have the money to buy them or get the anxiety recovery information from various good anxiety cure websites, check out - http://www.paniccenter.net/ it will help you big time in understanding anxiety and the way it works in you ...... But if your anxiety is going way out of hand then do get professional help and get on some very low dosage medicines till you feel better...But don't make meds your crutch and try to work your way out by getting as much good knowledge that you can from the above methods:):):)

Regards,
Jar4u